The basis of good communication is the ability to both send and receive oral messages in a clear, concise, courteous and accurate manner. I possess excellent communication skills, proven by my ability to listen attentively, speak clearly, write concisely and compile well researched and factual information in a structured and direct manner. I am able to translate information for others and focus on clearly communicating key points. I use plain English, limit jargon and abbreviations and explain complex information using language appropriate for the audience. I encourage debate to identify common ground for mutually beneficial outcomes.
As the Director (a/g) IT - Building the Education Revolution Taskforce (BER) I managed the BER IT system development and implementation. The system requirements were very complex, due to the enormity of the program ($14.7b) and the huge number (30000) of sizable projects to be funded. The task of developing and implementing the BER system was significantly impacted by the extremely tight deadlines BER operates under. Ensuring robust and achievable outcomes was an ongoing challenge in the fast paced environment, especially when the Schools Systems, who was developing the systems, was stretched to the hilt with other simultaneous projects. I successfully negotiated the development and implementation of the IT system for BER within the budget and deadline. I use my negotiation skills and aptitude for innovation to find alternatives to ensure successful outcomes. I kept stakeholders up-to-date, consulted on options and progress issues efficiently and effectively so that friction is mitigated. I am not afraid of criticism and deal with tension promptly and d...
... middle of paper ...
... the private and public arena. This includes a number of years in the private sector as a Finance/Operations/Business Manager and in the public sector in the Department of Finance and over a decade as an accountant in Finnish Foreign Affairs. As well as number of years managing the resourcing and budgeting of a Cooperative Research Centre. I have a good understanding of Government finances including the FMA Act, resourcing and budgeting, demonstrated for example by my positions as:
- a Director (a/g) Australian Technical Colleges ($289m), Finance and State Liaison Section,
- a Director (a/g) Building the Education Revolution ($16.2b), IT and Communications Section,
- a Director (a/g) Investing In Our Schools Programme and FFI – Staff 30, program value $1.2b and $10m,
- a Budget Analyst in Department of Finance,
- an Auditor in AirServices Australia.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Question #1 After the 2000 presidential election there was great uproar surrounding the supreme court taking on the Bush v Gore case. It had many americans questioning whether the supreme court should have any input on determining the election. Supreme Court Justices have more well thought out opinions on controversial issues than that of the american public. Justices are appointed by presidents and are appointed in the notion of furthering presidential agenda past the the one to two term presidency.... [tags: discrimination, fight for equal rights, NAACP]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Pop culture, a phenomenon, that has taken root all across the nation. The misleading term "culture contact" doesn't begin to express the dramatic effects of changes brought by outsiders the shock of "contact" has taken many forms, initially, at least, to indigenous people just the physical presence of outsiders was shocking. As Northrop Frye would put it, “Popular art is normally decried as vulgar by the cultivated people of its time; then it loses favor with its original audience as a new generation grows up; then it begins to merge into the softer lighting of 'quaint,' and cultivated people, interested in it and finally it begins to take on the archaic dignity of the primitive.” In order... [tags: Preventive Role of Parents]
1397 words (4 pages)
- To compete in a global economy, organizations of all types are focusing on improving productivity, quality, and service. In each of these areas it is important to tap the talents of the available human resources in these organizations. Effective leaders must understand and depend on the interrelationship among organizational structure such as power, authority, influence and leadership. In addition how it abides in organizations and how it move others to accomplish the organization goals. Power is the ability to obtain, retain, and motivate people and to organize informational and material resources to accomplish a task( Leadership, n.d).... [tags: Leadership Essay]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- The American definition of beauty is visible in any one of our forms of popular culture, whether it’s TV, movies, music videos, magazines, and advertisements, even billboards. “Women’s bodies sell products that have nothing to do with women, like tires, cars, liquor, and guns” (Pipher, Reviving Ophelia 42). As if using women’s bodies to sell completely unrelated products weren’t harmful enough, the women used to sell these products are a far cry from what most women in America look like.... [tags: Media and Body Image]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- ... This is because the significance of the work as the first science fiction novel helped further of the acceptance of women to be credible contributors to science, english, and as well to be an ongoing and pervasive cultural influence (Geller). This is displayed by many women authors such as Ursula LeGuin ,Marion Zimmer Bradley and etc, who often were adventurous with form and unafraid of vital women characters; these writers have been architects of new worlds with their own social structures, values, and language in the world of science, english, and culture (Mankiller).... [tags: influence, artificial creation, life]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- What I discovered about myself, is that I have a personality type of a “protagonist”. The “Protagonist” basically describes myself adequately, as they find it easy to communicate with others, natural born leaders, and are full of charisma. All of those characteristics tie in to the type of skill and job that I soon want to be possessed in. That job and skill lies in the Marketing field. My attraction draws to this specific job because I am an outgoing person, persuasive, and use my creativity to the best of my ability.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing management]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- "People are more influenced by mass media than they think. What evidence is there to support this statement?" By Mass Media I mean 'the whole body of media reaching large numbers of public' the major ones being newspapers, television and the Internet. The main purposes of mass media are to provide information, entertainment and advertisement. In this essay I will discuss the influence that Mass Media has in the general public and give the evidence to support the statement "People are more influenced by mass media than they think. ".... [tags: Media]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- Two men dominate the computer world. When I say dominate, I am saying that no two other people in the world of computers development have had more of an effect on society than Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Turn on any television , walk down any American street , read any newspaper, or just turn on any computer, and these two men are everywhere. These two men have opened up thousands or possibly millions of possibilities around the globe. Their creativity and innovation have led to great success. Steve Jobs father worked with lasers, and his mother was an accountant.... [tags: Technology]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- Famous French fabulist, Jean de La Fontaine, astutely stated, “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” People, both in real life and literature, seal their fate through their own actions. The novel Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe captures the cultural life of the Igbo people before and after the influences of British colonialism by focusing on a representative hard-working character named Okonkwo. The Igbo believed that Chukwu, lesser gods, ancestors, and their own personal gods were responsible for determining the destiny of one’s life.... [tags: motivation, acheivement, respect, influence]
708 words (2 pages)
- Introduction In the previous decades, there was the solitary system to link computers collectively for the intention of allocation the data and information and system was to connect them through the wires. This can be not only difficult to set up, but it can obtain disorganized authentic immediate. Bluetooth introduced a solution to this difficulty by facilitating a wireless atmosphere (Aaron, Joel and Damien, 216-218). Bluetooth wireless expertise is a short-range interactions expertise anticipated to substitute the wires relating transferable and/ore predetermined devices while asserting high levels of protection.... [tags: Apple, Communication, Computers]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- The Positive Effects of Music on Young Children
- King Lear: How First Scene Foreshadows
- Modernism Defined in T.S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and James Joyce's The Dead
- Monster: An Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member
- The Poem Negro by Langston Hughes
- Ethics in Social Psychological Research