By: Michael Latham
I’m currently doing my student teaching in a physical education classroom so my paper will be over technology in the physical education classroom.
Using Technology in Physical Education
Is it possible to incorporate technology into physical education class? Many people would think that it isn’t possible. When people think of incorporating technology into education, they think of computers, smart boards, power point presentations, internet, tablets and plenty of other things. The physical education technology used in the gym is different from the normal classroom technology that is used in the everyday classroom. There are a lot of different technology implements a teacher could use to make teaching in a physical education easier like pedometers, heart rate monitors, and exergames. Technology is everywhere we look. Today’s students are digital geniuses compared to how their parents were when they were the same age. Todays students are growing up in a world where they have been playing with and using technology their whole lives. Teachers now face a generation of students who have never known life without a computer, video game console, cellular phone or Internet access unlike their parents who may have never used any of this technology while they were growing up. Since we have so much technology available to us physical education teachers should take advantage of it and help the students learn from it. The rapid growth of technology over the past three decades has provided us with many new and inventive ways for physical education teachers to teach instructional materials efficiently. Classrooms used to ...
... middle of paper ...
...(2006). Technology use among physical education teachers in georgia public schools
Eberline, A. D., & Richards, K. A. R. (2013). Teaching with technology in physical education. Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators, 26(6), 38.
Fiorentino, H. (2005). Use of technology to observe and assess physical play.
Teaching Elementary Physical Education.
Human Kinetics, Inc. 1607 North Market Street, Champaign, IL 61820. Tel: 800-474-4457; Fax: 217-351-1549; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: http://www.humankinetics.com
Shannon Raymond (February 26, 2013). "Exergaming As Physical Activity: How Effective Are Exergames at Increasing Physical Activity in Youth? Altarum Institute". Altarum.org. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
Tipton, J., & Sanders, A. (2004). Heart rate monitors promote physical education for
children. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, p 14-15.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The use of technology in the educational settings has been often promoted and has garnered many supporters since its infancy. Apple Corporation helped pioneer the use of computers in schools in the 1980s with the graphical interface of the Macintosh (Abramson, 2011). Today teachers have learned to use and implement the use of tablets, laptops, and Chrome books in the classroom. As students from the Millennial Generation continue to fill our secondary classrooms, the number of teachers who demonstrate proficiency in the application of technology in the classroom is far less than expected.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- The subject of technology in the classroom has been an ongoing debate ever since computers were brought into the field of education. Today, the presence of technology has so far surpassed what educators first intended on using it for. Many educators are leaning towards the idea that technology may be vital for students’ learning and education. Technology in schooling allows students to have different opportunities than students who do not have access to technology. The use of the internet and technology in and outside the classroom benefits the new generation of children by motivating them to learn, allowing them to explore new interests not provided in school, and lastly, it enables student... [tags: Education, Learning, A Great Way to Care]
2206 words (6.3 pages)
- I have worked in rural schools that are mostly homogeneous. These schools have limited variances in cultural differences. The students align themselves with one culture and feel connected with each other. Students in villages can become unaware of other cultures of the world. This has made technology an important way to communicate cultural differences of the world to students in the classroom. I have used technology to connect my students with other students in order for them to learn about new places and people.... [tags: Education and technology, ]
2176 words (6.2 pages)
- The Positive Impact of Computers in the Classroom Computers have been integrated in almost every aspect of today’s society; PC’s in the home and office, laptops for business traveling, graphics software for the media, and most significantly computers in the classroom. However, the technology of computers has not always been part of the education system and is a relatively new part of the teaching and learning process. In the 1950s large and expensive computers were only used by the government and large corporations (Beekman, 2003).... [tags: Education Technology Essays]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Technology Involved in Education April Chamberlain has said, “Education is evolving due to the impact of the Internet. We cannot teach our students in the same manner in which we were taught. Change is necessary to engage students not in the curriculum we are responsible for teaching, but in school. Period.” People all over the world have acknowledged the important role that technology plays to society throughout these past decades because of its high advance potential. Today, technology is used by many different aged groups especially in the higher education such as: colleges or universities, however (if it is managed properly) it can be a huge convenience for education in all schools inclu... [tags: Education, Teacher, Technology, School]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Impact of Technology in Education Introduction Technology is one of the concerns I have as a new teacher. Technology affects all aspects of our lives. The classroom is no exception. I do not consider myself to be one of those tech savvy people who can incorporate the latest program or gadget into my lessons. At home I often announce “technology free” days just so we can get back in touch with the important things in life, or the thing I consider important. I can’t do that in the classroom, I will have to do the complete opposite.... [tags: Technology ]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Problem Statement Only limited quantitative, pre-experimental studies are available on integrating wireless computing through the use of wireless laptops into rural public school curriculums (Moore, 2009). The research problem in this study will focuses on some reasons teachers do not widely use wireless laptops (Skevakis, 2010) in the institutional and learning setting effectively. Available technology remains an unused resource because many teachers feel that viewing intensely at their pedagogy and inquiring whether the existing curriculum is engaging enough to teach with wireless laptops effectively (Teo, 2009; Skevakis, 2010; Weston & Bain, 2010).... [tags: Education, Computer and Technology]
2805 words (8 pages)
- Technology is a portion of everyday life. It affects how business is conducted, teaching, learning, and receiving information. Good or bad, everyone uses technology every day. There are many items people have on them on a daily basis, one would be hard pressed to be without. If you were to examine the effect of technology on teaching and learning and acquire an understanding of why technology should be a part of every classroom curriculum, what would the conclusion be. Technology is a great benefit to the classroom, it stimulates our digital generation and allows educators to be more creative with curriculum.... [tags: Technology in Education]
3141 words (9 pages)
- Technology in the Classroom Technology is becoming more and more dominant in our society.Everyday upgrades are being made and new innovations are being discovered. Technology is all around us whether we want it to be or not: it is the vehicles we drive, it can be found in our homes, and can even be found in the grocery store.Every place we look there is some type of technology.I believe technology has had a major impact on our school systems and is still impacting it today.There are those who do not agree, though, that technology has impacted our schools.Eric Gormly writes, “In fact, many theorists point out the overall impact of technology on education has been quite small, manifesting l... [tags: Technology Education Research Paper]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Technology Use in the Mathematics Classroom Technology is a growing field that affects every aspect of our everyday lives. When I look at centuries past, I am amazed at the technological advances this country has made. Just during my lifetime, computers, cell phones, digital cameras, and many other devices have become a huge part of everyday life. Not only is technology affecting every day life, but it is also making a huge impact on education, especially within the mathematic field. Computer programs are being created everyday to aid in the understanding of mathematical concepts.... [tags: Education School Technology]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- The California Student Safety And Violence Prevention Act Of 2000
- The Desire For Freedom Comes With A Price And Disappointment
- Does There Protection Actually Exist? Identify The Source Of Law?
- Advertisement Of The Marketing Firm Yankelovich, American Society Has Gone From Being Exposed
- Wal Mart 's Competitive Cost Advantage
- Project Proposal For A Project Charter