I. Cesar Millan is the Dog Whisperer, the star of National Geographic Show with the same name. He rehabilitates dogs and trains people. It is all about energy. You communicate energy all the time.
II. We have a lot to learn from Dogs. Dogs are pack oriented. His methods with the dog/human pack are easy when you understand the world from a dog’s point of view. Energy is how the human side works.
III. Have you seen a dog jumping all over his owners or his guests when arriving back at the house after a short trip? Is that a dog that is glad to see them? Actually, not altogether, this dog loves them, is not a sign of a happy dog. This shows dominance and confusion. Did you know if you lavish them with emotion and affection at this time you showing them you are a follower?
IV. From watching the shows, reading his book, which is on the New York Times best seller list, and perusing newspaper articles on line I have learned why his Dog Psychology works. I have learned to admire his heart toward people and dogs.
V. I will share with you a little about Cesar, next dogs need to be balanced and happy; last I will share some success stories.
I. A little about Cesar Millan from his book “Cesar’s Way” Published Sept 2006
A. His beginnings and his big dream
1. In 1990 Cesar comes to the U.S. at 21 with 100 dollars and a dream to be the best Dog trainer in the World. He was known as the dog boy in Mexico at 13.
2. He started his career in the U.S.as a groomer and saved his money. In ten years he buys the Dog Psychology Center in Los Angeles.
3. While at t...
... middle of paper ...
...from a link on cesarmillaninc.com on the press release page under media clips.
Sophie is proof to the claim Millan makes that dogs don’t follow emotional energy.
III. Summary of main points
In summary Dogs need to follow. Give a dog exercise discipline and affection in that order. Use calm assertive leadership energy. Dogs live in the moment take correction easily. Good energy proves to be the universal language among dogs and among humans. We have a lot to learn from dogs. Cesar helps people as much as he is dogs’ best friend.
II. To conclude this is just a peek into the psychology and we can already take away from this short introduction the beauty of energy and balance. Cesar says dogs are like people, they are in our life to teach us something. Cesar owes his personal balance to dogs. I hope you get a chance to see him in action on “The Dog Whisperer.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Informative Speech: The History of Pluto Specific Purpose Statement: By the end of my speech my audience will be able to explain the history behind Pluto becoming a planet and in turn losing its planetary status. INTRODUCTION: Attention Getter: Growing up learning about the planets my first grade teacher told me, “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies” was a way to remember the order of the planets. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Apparently now teachers teach it as, “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos”.... [tags: Informative Speech]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To invite my audience to explore the advantages, disadvantages, and the alternatives associated with breed specific legislation. Thesis: Breed specific legislation is a controversial topic in which I am very interested and would like to explore both sides of the issue to perhaps learn something new. Pattern of Organization: Multiple Perspectives Introduction I. [Attention Getter] Imagine you were told you couldn't do something or live somewhere for the sole reason you looked dangerous.... [tags: Informative Speech]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- General Purpose: To inform the audience about the cause, affect and ways to manage stress. Specific Purpose Statement: The audience will learn what causes stress and how stress can affect their health, and how they can manage their everyday stress with different techniques. INTRODUCTION Attention Getter: Life is like a huge roller coaster, a journey full of twists and turns, and ups and downs. And sometimes in this journey there arises various situations where one is unable to deal with these turns, let alone have the energy to face the ups and downs.... [tags: Informative Speech]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Illegal Drugs Informative Speech Introduction: Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, PCP, speed, shrooms, crystal meth, and angel dust are all types of illegal drugs. What is an illegal drug. An illegal drug is something and often a substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness. Body: I. Illegal Drugs The use of illegal drugs in the United States is considered by some to be the biggest problem in our society. Over 40% of high school seniors use some kind of illegal drug, and in a recent 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse showed that the three most common drugs are Marijuana used by 11,100,000 people, Cocaine used by 1,500,000 people, and inhalants... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- Specific Purpose: I want my audience to know how they can improve their bowling scores the next time they go out on a Friday night. Organizational Pattern: Informative Introduction I. Attention-Getting Device: How many of you guys think that you are the world's worst bowler. I bet you didn't know that the lowest game ever bowled by a man on ABC men's league is two. Mike Kappa, of Racine, Wisconsin, accomplished his outrageous score by throwing 18 gutter balls. However Richard Caplette, of Danielson, Connecticut, who threw nineteen in one game, holds the record for the most gutter balls.... [tags: Informative Speech]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Intro: Hello my name is Nick and I am giving my speech on Alzheimer’s Disease. I was thinking of what I could do for a speech. Then I thought I wanted to inform people on something that little know about. Then it hit me. Alzheimer’s Disease it has affected my life so much and I know so much about it. So I am going to tell you how it has affected my life in more ways than one. Before I start I want you to imagine something. Look around you know everyone right. All these faces you see practically see everyday take all that you know about them and forget it.... [tags: Informative Speech]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience about the Fokker Triplane Introduction This speech is about a particular type of aircraft made famous for its use by the Red Baron of Germany in World War One. Many people know that the Red Baron was a real person from history. Others may only know him as an adversary of Snoopy from the comic strip Peanuts, or as a ghost-like magic man dreamed up by lonely housewives hungry for a particular brand of frozen pizza.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform the audience about the criteria for becoming a blood donor I. Introduction A. As you sit in a classroom at the Community College, you may not think that saving a life is something you could do today, but, in fact, it's quite easy to do. 1. The first thing that may come to mind is some sort of emergency rescue. 2. The easiset way to save a life is blood donation. a. done in less than 1 hour b. relatively painless c.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
717 words (2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience how to insure their safety, and the safety of others, while on the road Introduction Automobiles. You just have to have one in this fast paced world. In the United States automobiles are necessary. People need to move from point A to point B. These points can be as close as a few hundred feet or even range up to a few hundred miles. When making these trips safety is a priority. There are hundreds of thousands of automobiles on the roads across the nation and if safety was not considered, thousand would be injured or even killed daily.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience about the production of chocolate Central Idea: Explain how cocoa beans are processed to produce the chocolate we all know and love Method of Organization: Chronological Visual Aid: Before my introduction and before class begins, I will have a chocolate collection for people to choose from as a snack. It will not be handed out during my speech so that it will not distract others.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1390 words (4 pages)