Technology is one of the greatest things ever made in our society bringing us things like phones online tutors and even more. Some students tend to use technology to help them with the problems they do not really understand in the subject that they really struggle in like math or science. There is also a bad side to technology because many student use their phones more than they car about there process of learning. This can be a big problem to the students of the 21st century, because their education can be neutralized because of technology. High school students use their phones more than any other kind of person. This is a problem because high school student are the one closer to college so they wont be able to achieve to go to college if they keep on using there electronic devices. So is technology really one of the greatest things ever created or is it just a distraction to the students of the 21st century.
Technology has really gotten so advanced that people care more about there social life than there real life. They use there phones in class more than they learn the lesson that there teacher is explaining which can lead to a student that will not make it to the dream college that he or she wants to go to. So as many people say the students of the 21st are the most likely ones to go nowhere due to all the technology’ that are so distracting. Due to this whole issue the students cannot be as advanced as the students were before technology was invented. If we act on this issue now we wont have to worry about having our kids go through the distraction of technology. As much as tech is it can also help us with some things that we have trouble in so it can be used for a...
... middle of paper ...
...chnology can just be so distracting because of all the games and online websites created for people to mention themselves to everything they want to. It also tells us how life would be like without technology, and in my opinion I don’t see technology as a huge threat to this society its more like something that we need to improve our skills to everything we must take on in life especially the jobs that pass their way. Technology is a distraction to the students in class and we do need to take control of this issue, but it is not something huge. Technology is not bad it just gets very addicting when used too much and is almost impossible to get off of. In conclusion our students of the 21st century are not all going to be failures in life if you just see how their own skills can go with their education. No one is a failure because there is no such thing as a failure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Student learning is the ultimate goal of education. As an educational technology leader I must create, promote and sustain a dynamic, digital-age learning culture that provides a rigorous, relevant, and engaging education for all students ("National Educational Technology Standards," 2009). In order to achieve this I work with my schools to help develop technology plans. According to See (1992), technology plans must focus on a vision of learning; which should be the impetus that drives technology (Bitner and Bitner, 2002).... [tags: Educational Technology]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Introduction Technology is becoming more and more predominant in society. The concept of technology is a reality that has pervaded not only our everyday lives but our mere state of existence. Technology has affected every aspect of society. There is no doubt that technology holds great potential for improving the way that people learn and ready or not, technology is affecting education. Educational Technology Ever since the integration of educational technology there has been a dramatic shift in most of the paradigms on which traditional learning exists.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction The technological age introduced a super highway for exploring new learning paradigms (Warger, EduServe, Dobbin, EDUCAUSE, 2009), and a structure on which today's generations culturally connect to technology in ways unlike never before (Debozy and Pospisil, 2008). Based on the (2007-2012) Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) plan, a primary challenge some teachers are often faced with is instructing with technology effectively and adequate time for professional learning initiatives.... [tags: Educational Technology]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- The literature review of the articles present for this assignment suggest a need for reform in the school system to allow for more relevance in the classroom and an improvement in the educational process. Technology can be an excellent bridge to solve the problem of linking learning with students in their everyday life. Quick suggests, “too often lesson plans stifle students’ thinking rather that reflecting and deepening their ideas,” (Quick, 2003, pg 156). A way to incorporate lesson plans into today’s’ world is by integrating technology into our lessons.... [tags: Technology]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Ronald Reagan once claimed “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Over time history has been able to back up what Reagan once asserted. In a nation rich in history such as the United States, it is easy to go in either direction with this debate yet the state of the nation usual depicts which direction the people choose. A time such as now, where our great nation has been less fortunate in its last decade yet has found a way to climb out of the dust, it is a perfect time to debate on such a topic.... [tags: The Problem with Government]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Our world is changing gradually bringing these changes into people’s daily life styles; consequently, a person’s potential to embrace these challenges and revolutionize with them has become an important factor to analyze people’s way to prepare themselves for the future. According to Gilbert Valdez, educational technology, especially computers and computer-related peripherals, have grown tremendously and have permeated all areas of our lives. It is incomprehensible that anyone today would argue that banks, hospitals, or any industry should use less technology.... [tags: technology, education, ]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Over the past few years technology has taken on a whole new meaning. We have moved from the days of chalkboards, to whiteboards, to interactive whiteboards. Our students seem to be more computer savvy than their teachers. Home telephones are starting to become a thing of the past, and cell phones have turned into mini-computers. Technological geniuses have even tried to eliminate books by creating electronic books, for example the Kindle and Nook. It has become pretty evident that being technologically smart is a necessity in today's world.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- A type of modern technology should be provided to the students in the classrooms at school. The next few paragraphs will explain how modern technology, such as iPads and Mac computers, can help students in classrooms learn at their own pace and be able to keep better track of notes or assignments. It will explain how modern technology can help improve students’ scores on tests, mid-terms, and finals. In addition, it will explain why using LoudCloud systems into the curriculum is a high-quality choice.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- How to best educate youth is a question that has been around forever and will never go away. There have been many debates about what way is the most efficient, the most effective. What is the best class size. What student-to-teacher ratio works best. How long should students be in school each day. Should students have a summer break or attend school year round. Education is an immensely vital subject, and thus one that will always create questions. These questions change as the world transforms.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- Current Trends in Educational Technology Abstract Current trends in Educational Technology offer quite an array of subject matter to study. I have selected a few articles demonstrating trends I found most interesting. These include trends in research, holistic technology education, pedagogic balance in technology education and using open source software in the school. Hopefully these trends will be an eye opener for the reader. This paper is based on these journal articles: Research in Technology Education: Back to the Future (Reed, 2002); Basic Principles in Holistic Technology Education (Seemann, 2003); Partnership-Centered Learning: The Case for Pedagogic Balance In Technology Educati... [tags: Education Technological Essays]
1441 words (4.1 pages)