Schools all across the nation are trying to do exactly what the Mooresville Graded School District in North Carolina has succeeded in – leveling the playing field for students to increase overall learning. Their success story with this is the reason for them to be in the spotlight for the featured article. Everyone is aware that we are in the age of technology. Every day, millions of people are using technology for work, school, or simply a way of relaxation. Knowing this, as future teachers, we need to be aware that just because the internet and the use of technology is a common way of completed tasks, not everyone is fortunate enough to have the same amount of access as others. There are families out there that still, in the year 2014, do not have a computer to call their own. Many teachers assign projects and papers that call for the students to do some form of research online and might not think twice about the possibility of a student in their class having no computer or internet a...
... middle of paper ...
... be able to take my students to NASA or to a science lab in person due to high need for funds, the lack of accessibility, etc, but being able to virtually tour these facilities might be just as good. Rather than not being able to go to these places in person, we could virtually tour them and speak with the people that are involved in these places and have the students experience the feel and gain information from those who are associated with them. This is something that I believe all schools should invest in and use. Instead of spending a large amount of funds to travel somewhere with group of students and missing valuable class time, they could use this to enjoy the experience and gain information form the comfort of their own classroom. I am sure this is a tool that many students would enjoy having and something I would love to have in my future classroom.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Based on what I have read, technology effectiveness is a highly debated and argued topic among educators. There are many myths and misconceptions that even I myself have argued about technology use. For example, I always assumed that because I was a young, new teacher and used technology that most teachers who used technology were new and young like me. According to the article Research dispels common ed-tech myths, this idea is not the case. Veteran teachers are just as likely to use technology as new, young teachers (eSchool News Staff, 2010).... [tags: Education]
2068 words (5.9 pages)
- Teaching Physical Education in an elementary school can be a rather difficult task. Even when the subject of PE is brought up in a casual conversation the general response is something to the effect of “all you do is roll the balls out and watch the kids play.” If the teacher does not keep things interesting, class participation will fall by the wayside. There are many ways to combat this lack of understanding in PE. The teacher must always be able to relate classroom activities to the real world, higher order thinking must be involved and there must be an effective use of technology to keep students active.... [tags: elementary Education]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Do you hear that clicking sound. No on it's not the sound of old people's joints, it the sound of students getting an education. While becoming more and more common, the use of technology in education remains debatable. The facts, on how involving technology in school is highly beneficial, speak for themselves. Supporters of the use of technology in schools focus on convenience of technology that help to equalize educational opportunities for students, It's cost effectiveness and how learning has enhanced since the involvement of technology in schools.... [tags: learning oportunities, opportunities, flexibility]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- Many things, both good and bad, blossom from time spent on the internet and regularly using technology. There are many different things that can be done on the internet or with the assistance of technology. We have gained information about many of these including behaviors associated with email, how technology can enhance learning when focused on academic improvement, how to use our literacy skills to evaluate websites and their credentials, why the popular source Wikipedia may not be the best choice for citation, and an introduction in to the world of virtual field trips.... [tags: computers, credibility, field trips]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Modern technology has made it so much easier to obtain educational information for classroom or homework assignments. It offers educational games that stimulate the brain and help children who have difficulties focusing on traditional teaching and learning procedures. College students are even taking advantage of online courses that many colleges are offering as an alternative to physically attending classes. Advances in technology and computers will continue to play an important role in education for many generations to come.... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Use of Technology in Fire Safety Education Every year 5,000 lives are taken due to fire in the homes. Many of these deaths may have been prevented. Fire not only claims lives, it’s destroys property and injuries many. Thankfully, there is something we can do. Over the years, the growth in technology used in to educate about fire safety has increased greatly. We now have many different ways to reach people of all ages. Some of this information includes: increased importance of the smoke detector, fire safety houses, fire safety videos, educational websites, high school cadet programs, and fire education equipment.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- Take a moment and ponder this question: when one thinks of role models who come to mind. Do people such as super heroes, movie stars, or even parents come to mind. One person who many might not consider as a role model is teachers. Even though teachers show more guidance and influence in the life of a student than perhaps a movie star or a super hero; they still might not picture a teacher as a role model. Teachers influence the lives of students in many ways. One area which helps teachers to impact students is in the role of technology in their area of expertise.... [tags: Education, Technology, Teacher, Web 2.0]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- ”Technology should not drive the curriculum; the curriculum should drive the technology,” says Angers (2004). One may ask what does this mean. Simply put, it means that the curriculum should dictate how technology will be used in the classroom. The purpose of this paper is to explain how to infuse technology into the curriculum, and the effect of technology on curriculum design. In order to add technology to the curriculum, technology must be available for use. To be available for use, the technology has to be placed in the classroom by someone – that someone usually being someone from Information Technology (IT).... [tags: education, technology for curriculum]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- The use of technological devices in Education Processes are the collection of two or more tools and methods, in a way to provide a service or to produce something. The technology is the research and investigation of developing processes, with the objective of making them faster, easier, cheaper, friendlier with nature, overall just better for the human beings. The technology in education takes an important place in the society because it lets the whole academic environment evolve in the way that the technology provides within it, new developments in the learning that let the students speed up their learning and knowledge.... [tags: Education, Technology, Educational psychology]
2177 words (6.2 pages)
- Technology Use in the Mathematics Classroom Technology is a growing field that affects every aspect of our everyday lives. When I look at centuries past, I am amazed at the technological advances this country has made. Just during my lifetime, computers, cell phones, digital cameras, and many other devices have become a huge part of everyday life. Not only is technology affecting every day life, but it is also making a huge impact on education, especially within the mathematic field. Computer programs are being created everyday to aid in the understanding of mathematical concepts.... [tags: Education School Technology]
1431 words (4.1 pages)