Technology in schools offers a convenience for out ever changing and ever busy lives. Providing learning opportunities online may help to balance educational opportunities for those less fortunate, those who have physical disabilities, those who live in remote locations, those who have children to care for and those who have limited time due to work or other responsibilities. “There are about thirty-seven million college drop outs in America” ("Technology and Education." Opposing). The online article "Technology and Education" Opposing, states that Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of face book, Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, and Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple all agree that the simple key to improving the dropout rate is technology. “This [technology] will change the world,” says Anant Argarwal, Head of edX. There isn’t a doubt that online schooling is benefiting everyone and providing an easy education at everyone’s finger tips. “The drive in California is being led by Gov. Jerry Brown, who proposed new funding for online efforts in his 2013-14 budget plans, including nearly $17 million for the state’s 112 community colleges to create a “virtual campus”.” (Social Awareness...
... middle of paper ...
...es and training needed to streamline technology into every classroom in the US, but it seems that education is on the path to getting there. By including technology within the school systems, it will equalize learning opportunities to not only people who need flexibility, but the people who are on a tight budget. With online schooling and other technologies, everyone can be educated! People should realize the importance of how and educated population benefits the whole country. By including technology in classrooms, student’s education will be more suited to their generation and the direction that our society is moving in. In conclusion, there is no doubt that including technology in schools is a positive for all those involved. It can help change the world and make it easier for people to get degrees and further their careers. Technology is for the benefit of all.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Based on what I have read, technology effectiveness is a highly debated and argued topic among educators. There are many myths and misconceptions that even I myself have argued about technology use. For example, I always assumed that because I was a young, new teacher and used technology that most teachers who used technology were new and young like me. According to the article Research dispels common ed-tech myths, this idea is not the case. Veteran teachers are just as likely to use technology as new, young teachers (eSchool News Staff, 2010).... [tags: Education]
2068 words (5.9 pages)
- Teaching Physical Education in an elementary school can be a rather difficult task. Even when the subject of PE is brought up in a casual conversation the general response is something to the effect of “all you do is roll the balls out and watch the kids play.” If the teacher does not keep things interesting, class participation will fall by the wayside. There are many ways to combat this lack of understanding in PE. The teacher must always be able to relate classroom activities to the real world, higher order thinking must be involved and there must be an effective use of technology to keep students active.... [tags: elementary Education]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Do you hear that clicking sound. No on it's not the sound of old people's joints, it the sound of students getting an education. While becoming more and more common, the use of technology in education remains debatable. The facts, on how involving technology in school is highly beneficial, speak for themselves. Supporters of the use of technology in schools focus on convenience of technology that help to equalize educational opportunities for students, It's cost effectiveness and how learning has enhanced since the involvement of technology in schools.... [tags: learning oportunities, opportunities, flexibility]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- Many things, both good and bad, blossom from time spent on the internet and regularly using technology. There are many different things that can be done on the internet or with the assistance of technology. We have gained information about many of these including behaviors associated with email, how technology can enhance learning when focused on academic improvement, how to use our literacy skills to evaluate websites and their credentials, why the popular source Wikipedia may not be the best choice for citation, and an introduction in to the world of virtual field trips.... [tags: computers, credibility, field trips]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Modern technology has made it so much easier to obtain educational information for classroom or homework assignments. It offers educational games that stimulate the brain and help children who have difficulties focusing on traditional teaching and learning procedures. College students are even taking advantage of online courses that many colleges are offering as an alternative to physically attending classes. Advances in technology and computers will continue to play an important role in education for many generations to come.... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Use of Technology in Fire Safety Education Every year 5,000 lives are taken due to fire in the homes. Many of these deaths may have been prevented. Fire not only claims lives, it’s destroys property and injuries many. Thankfully, there is something we can do. Over the years, the growth in technology used in to educate about fire safety has increased greatly. We now have many different ways to reach people of all ages. Some of this information includes: increased importance of the smoke detector, fire safety houses, fire safety videos, educational websites, high school cadet programs, and fire education equipment.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- Take a moment and ponder this question: when one thinks of role models who come to mind. Do people such as super heroes, movie stars, or even parents come to mind. One person who many might not consider as a role model is teachers. Even though teachers show more guidance and influence in the life of a student than perhaps a movie star or a super hero; they still might not picture a teacher as a role model. Teachers influence the lives of students in many ways. One area which helps teachers to impact students is in the role of technology in their area of expertise.... [tags: Education, Technology, Teacher, Web 2.0]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- ”Technology should not drive the curriculum; the curriculum should drive the technology,” says Angers (2004). One may ask what does this mean. Simply put, it means that the curriculum should dictate how technology will be used in the classroom. The purpose of this paper is to explain how to infuse technology into the curriculum, and the effect of technology on curriculum design. In order to add technology to the curriculum, technology must be available for use. To be available for use, the technology has to be placed in the classroom by someone – that someone usually being someone from Information Technology (IT).... [tags: education, technology for curriculum]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- The use of technological devices in Education Processes are the collection of two or more tools and methods, in a way to provide a service or to produce something. The technology is the research and investigation of developing processes, with the objective of making them faster, easier, cheaper, friendlier with nature, overall just better for the human beings. The technology in education takes an important place in the society because it lets the whole academic environment evolve in the way that the technology provides within it, new developments in the learning that let the students speed up their learning and knowledge.... [tags: Education, Technology, Educational psychology]
2177 words (6.2 pages)
- Technology Use in the Mathematics Classroom Technology is a growing field that affects every aspect of our everyday lives. When I look at centuries past, I am amazed at the technological advances this country has made. Just during my lifetime, computers, cell phones, digital cameras, and many other devices have become a huge part of everyday life. Not only is technology affecting every day life, but it is also making a huge impact on education, especially within the mathematic field. Computer programs are being created everyday to aid in the understanding of mathematical concepts.... [tags: Education School Technology]
1431 words (4.1 pages)