There are many ways to combat this lack of understanding in PE. The teacher must always be able to relate classroom activities to the real world, higher order thinking must be involved and there must be an effective use of technology to keep students active. Effectively using technology in the classroom the teacher will be able to facilitate active learning by engaging students in PE activities only imagined by other people.
When a teacher is willing to apply anything new to their classroom it is important to have a clear understanding of scope and sequence. Scope and sequence is vital in whole school planning and in the planning of individual learning sequences. Consideration of scope includes decisions about what is significant and manageable. Consideration of sequence includes decisions about what is necessary for sequential development of both skills and concepts
In PE as well as other classes it is important for a teacher to have a list of standards visible to ensure that the technologically integrated lessons are aligned with both state and federal standards. One must also be sure that higher order thinking skills are being developed through both the transfer and assessment of such material.
In today’s day and age acquiring information can be a difficult process. One can never be sure if sources are accurate. As a result, when conducting searches with regards to s...
... middle of paper ...
...ly use research techniques which will maximize their success levels. Teachers must also be well equipped to separate truth and fiction along with fact and opinion. In order to do so one must be well versed in not only the subject content but also the technological content.
While some students and schools have greater advantages over others, it is up to the teachers and students to maximize their efficiency and use their available resources with regards to technology wisely. By encouraging technological developments in our schools and classrooms both teachers and students will benefit. When technology is implemented it is important that it is used correctly and be in direct correlation with the state and federal standards. If technology is used improperly it can be extremely counter productive and have a negative impact on the development of scope and sequence.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many ways technology is used in physical education in schools today. Technology in PE is any thing that helps teachers improve the environment and class room activity 's for students and get them to be more physically active in and out side of the class room. There are many different ways technology is used, and it is a positive way to engage students in their physical education class. In my eyes technology in physical education is a very effective way to improve students physical fitness in and outside of the classroom.... [tags: Exercise, Physical education]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Using Technology in the Physical Education Classroom By: Michael Latham Spring 2016 Educational psychology I’m currently doing my student teaching in a physical education classroom so my paper will be over technology in the physical education classroom. Using Technology in Physical Education Is it possible to incorporate technology into physical education class. Many people would think that it isn’t possible. When people think of incorporating technology into education, they think of computers, smart boards, power point presentations, internet, tablets and plenty of other things.... [tags: Physical education, Exercise, Education]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- From prehistoric times, stamina and strength were key to man's ability to find food and survive. As time went on, other ancient civilizations such as China, Egypt, Greece, and Rome adopted this practice known as phsycal education. But, the Spartans and the Athenians were the first people to have any type of physical education programs. Physical Education (abbreviated "PE") is definined as the process of education that develops the human body, specifically fitness and movement skills. PE helps you stay fit, healthy, and flexible.... [tags: PE, Physical Education, history, ]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Having performed the role of physical education teacher for a great part of one’s life and having taught PE in the secondary school system for more than seventeen years, the researcher has been exposed to children entering the secondary system in Form One unable to go through basic movement experiences required at this level. The researcher has spent more than six months in a new role as principal at the school St Thomas (Mayaro) RC School where the researcher now work. The age range of pupils at this institution is between five years and thirteen years with pupils who have come from diverse racial backgrounds.... [tags: teachers, physical Education, PE, exericse, ]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Problem Sheet 2: The Research Question 1. My (restated) research problem is: Physical education students lack the desire and motivation to participate in physical activity. 2. My research question(s) is/are: How can the integration of pedometers increase student motivation for physical activity in physical education. 3. Following are key terms in the problem or question that are not clear and thus need to be defined: a. Physical education d. Pedometers b. Physical activity e. Student(s) c. Motivation f.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Physical education]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- With more technology to feel the gap of physical labor for humans and poor nutrition, obesity is rising and people are not living up to their potential. Children have been spending more time indoors with a screen in their face and a controller in their hand. Lack of physical activity not only causes obesity, but lack of brain power and achievement. Children and their families need to be taught the proper ways of how to be healthy in physical education classes to maintain their health across their life span.... [tags: physical labor, obesity, children]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- How technology enhances the physical education curriculum In order to improve the physical education curriculum educators must incorporate technology to enhance computer literacy, develop software that complements physical education and integrate technology to enhance performance. The world we live in today is filled with technological advancements and we are only going to become more and more technologically oriented as a society in the future. These new advancements in technology are improving our lives and making things possible we had never thought possible before now.... [tags: essays papers]
1866 words (5.3 pages)
- Take a moment and ponder this question: when one thinks of role models who come to mind. Do people such as super heroes, movie stars, or even parents come to mind. One person who many might not consider as a role model is teachers. Even though teachers show more guidance and influence in the life of a student than perhaps a movie star or a super hero; they still might not picture a teacher as a role model. Teachers influence the lives of students in many ways. One area which helps teachers to impact students is in the role of technology in their area of expertise.... [tags: Education, Technology, Teacher, Web 2.0]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Do you hear that clicking sound. No on it's not the sound of old people's joints, it the sound of students getting an education. While becoming more and more common, the use of technology in education remains debatable. The facts, on how involving technology in school is highly beneficial, speak for themselves. Supporters of the use of technology in schools focus on convenience of technology that help to equalize educational opportunities for students, It's cost effectiveness and how learning has enhanced since the involvement of technology in schools.... [tags: learning oportunities, opportunities, flexibility]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- Computer technology is advancing at a rapid rate, causing the diversity and availability of assistive technology computer resources to have a tremendous impact for special education students across the United States. Assistive technology provides an opportunity for students with physical, emotional, and mental disabilities to acquire universal access to tools and opportunities for learning. Despite studies showing the benefits of assistive technology, many school districts fail to achieve the fullest potential that assistive technology can offer.... [tags: Technology]
1749 words (5 pages)